How To Fry French Fries: Easy Steps To Make Restaurant-Style French Fries At Home
So, you want to know how to fry perfect French fries, do you? Let’s face it, it is not easy to fry French fries that look and taste exactly the same as the ones served in fast food restaurants. If you want to recreate those perfect golden-yellow fries at home, the best option is to buy a packet of frozen French fries and fry them in a pan or cook them in a fryer. However, the real do-it-yourself, homemade French fries have more advantages than the ones we get in restaurants, as the homemade version of fries are healthier (starch-free with less fat) than the ones we get in restaurant. Of course, these homemade French fries take a little planning and some careful temperature control. So, make sure your French fries are perfect slim in shape and have the right golden colour; the best part is that they are the tastiest accompaniments to any meal.
But, before we tell you how to fry French fries, let’s learn how and why to rinse the French fries.
When you are frying French fries at home, you want them to be golden, crispy and healthy. Therefore, rinsing them before frying is an important step. We all know that potatoes are full of starch and natural sugars. As we cut the potatoes length-wise, the natural sugar in potato releases onto the surface of the strips. If we fry them without rinsing, the sugar on the outside will caramelise in the hot oil and burn before the interior part of the potatoes, which can result in brown and distasteful French fries. Therefore, it is important to soak them for half an hour in room-temperature water. This will rinse away the surface sugar and starch present in them. Don’t forget to dry the potatoes before you fry them with the help of a dry cloth or kitchen towel.
How To Fry French Fries In A Pan
1.5 cups of coconut/vegetable oil for frying
4 large potatoes
Salt (as per taste)
1. Once you are done with the rinsing process, it’s time to fry them.
2. Take a medium-sized pan and add your preferred cooking oil. Heat the oil till you can see small bubbles on the side.
3. Now, add the sliced potatoes to the pan. Make sure you don’t overcrowd the pan so that they are not stacked on top of each other.
4. Fry them for 5-6 minutes or until they are light golden in colour.
5. Take them out and allow them to cool down to normal room temperature.
6. Return the fries into the pan and fry them for 2-3 minutes or until crispy and dark golden brown in colour.
7. Place fries on paper towel to absorb excess oil, if any.
8. Sprinkle salt over the fries. Fries will be crispy on the outside and soft on the inside.
Adhering to the principle of managing scientifically and honesty and credit,our factory has passed ISO9001-2000 quality system certification. Now, Our factory can provide potato dry cleaning machine, automatic potato washing peeling machine, potato peeling machine, french fries sticks cutting machine, potato grader, potato cleaning and sorting machine, potato chips production line, french fries production line, frozen french fries production line, wave shape french fries production line, potato starch production line, potato mesh bag packing machine, potato dosing packing machine.
Our potato processing products have passed with CE,ISO and SGS Certificates and has been widely sold all over the world