Best Frozen French Fries and Potato Chips Processing Machine Manufacturer

Whatsapp: 0086-18637275223   Email: [email protected] Skype: romiter2000

Trade News

Introduction of Frozen French Fries Industry in South Africa


The potato subsector plays an important role in the South African agricultural sector, not only makes contribution to economic development through creating jobs, but also assists with poverty alleviation. In South Africa, the gross value of potato production accounts for about 43% of major vegetables, and potatoes are harvested in different regions throughout the year. Approximately 40% of the main crop goes for processing, with the remaining 60% destined for the fresh table market. The decline in fresh consumption has been more than offset by a steady growth in consumption of processed products. Most of that growth is attributable to frozen products.

Imported Frozen French fries in South Africa

French fries production is estimated at around 0.12 million tons in South Africa, however the actual size of the market is close to 0.15 million tons. That has led to the volume of frozen French fry imports surged from a level of 15,460 tons in 2009, peaking during 2010 at 46,903 tons, and then leveling at 30,054 tons in 2011. Due to a sharp increase in the importation of frozen French fries from Europe, representatives of potato processing industry in South Africa said that threaten the survival of the domestic frozen French fries processing industry, and they have asked the government to intervene and take action over the influx of frozen French fries into the country

The Growth of South African Potato Processing Industry

The South African potato processing industry has shown considerable growth over a decade. The industry now represents 19% of the total potato crop. And the largest part of the processing industry is made up of processing potatoes into french fries, frozen french fries and crisps. The growth in the potato processing industry can be ascribed to several factors such as the expansion of the fast food industry, higher average income of the South African population, the enlargement of french fries processing facilities and the rapid rate of urbanization which increases demand for processed foods. Although the SA potato processing industry is growing very fast, there is still a big gap when it’s compared with the potato processing industries in developed countries.

Frozen French fries Processing Machine

Small scale frozen French fries production line is economical and practical, specially designed for small-scale production of 100 kg/h, 200 kg/h, 400 kg/h, etc. They all can be customized according to your specific requirements.


Company Profile

Adhering to the principle of managing scientifically and honesty and credit,our factory has passed ISO9001-2000 quality system certification. Now, Our factory can provide potato dry cleaning machine, automatic potato washing peeling machine, potato peeling machine, french fries sticks cutting machine, potato grader, potato cleaning and sorting machine,  potato chips production line, french fries production line, frozen french fries production line, wave shape french fries production line, potato starch production line, potato mesh bag packing machine, potato dosing packing machine.

Our potato processing products have passed with CE,ISO and SGS Certificates and has been widely sold all over the world


Online Chat

Potato Processing Machine Email Potato Processing Machine Skype Potato Processing Machine Whatsapp Potato Processing Machine Telegram Potato Processing Machine Wechat Potato Processing Machine Wechat
error: Alert: Content is protected !!